Thread: MICONAZOLE

Default MICONAZOLE

Miconazole is used in vaginal creams for yeast infestions. So I am thinking that this has to be gentle considering where it is used. So why wouldn't it work on the face for seb derm.

I have been using it for about a week and it has helped with the flaking about 75%. Today my face feels irritated and is a little red. That is what happens with all topical meds that I try to use.

I just wanted to let you guys know of my experiment in case anyone has tried something like this.

Hi Bonnie

I remember reading about someone in the RSG who uses Canesten (anti-fungal cream) on her face. Can't find the post right now but she said that her doc had agreed that it was not a bad thing to do. I've been tempted but I don't really like using creams (prefer the natural oils myself).

Just out of interest, did it take a week for a reaction to occur or did you notice a negative reaction sooner? I'm just wondering if it might have been something else that irritated your face after a week of use?

Thanks

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Hi Jen,

My face started getting irritated from using this around the 4th day. Each day was a little worse so I knew it was the cream. I was using it twice a day which may have been too much. I will try again later and will only use once a day to see if that helps with the irritation.

Take care,

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie

Please do let us know how it goes.

I've been doing a bit of thinking of late as far as anti-fungals go in relation to Rosacea. I consume a lot of natural anti-fungals including onion, garlic, oil of oregano. I'm sure there's more but I can't think right now - I'm off to bed for a reasonably early night as I start a new job tomorrow.

So this thread really interested me, wondering if topical application along with internal anti-fungals would be a key to help control the big R or not. Mmm! More reading and research to be done but for me so far, the anti-fungals are helping with quite a few things.

Jen

Jen,

Good luck on the new job!

Thanks Bonnie. I had a great day! I'm working in a creche and I love the idea of playing with kids with the bonus of getting paid for it. I can take my 2 year old with me, so he's going to benefit from the interaction with other kids as well as having his Mummy devoting time to just play time. I'm working by myself tomorrow, which is kind of scary! Hope there's not too many new borns tomorrow or I'll have bottles and nappies falling out my ears! LOL All good fun, love it!

Jen