Thread: Large pores on my nose, suddenly....

Default Large pores on my nose, suddenly....

Hi there.... I've run a search about large pores but it mostly has to do with accutane as something that has helped them… But I really do now want to take that… My skin is ok now, its just my nose has depressingly taken over.

Since my last IPL my nose has become the worse part of my face. There are numerous large pores all over every part of my nose, these look dark even though I'm washing my nose with "visibly clear" Neutrogena cream two daily.

My nose is always blotchy red now as well as stinging and burning. This is so depressing, my face was ok, but now it seems as if my nose is progressing. I have large pores over every inch of my nose, these make my nose red. I mean, how I can have a smooth nose with no pores, then suddenly loads of em.... This is so annoying... I have never had this before...

Not matter what I do they just wont go..... So has anyone else just suddenly had large pores appear all over there nose? And is there anything that can be done about them?

My nose was fine before my last treatment (6 weeks ago), but now its just horrible and its making me feel really down.... I hate this disease I really do, how can something just suddenly happen, could my last treatment have caused this ?

Any info advice would be warmly welcomed...

Thanks

This user has been banned from this forum

Are you having problems with sebum on your nose as well? Are you getting blackheads? Does your nose change size during the day or when your triggers occur?

Best,
    Trey

Quote Originally Posted by clsykes00
    Are you having problems with sebum on your nose as well? Are you getting blackheads? Does your nose change size during the day or when your triggers occur?

Best,
    Trey
    Hi Trey,

I got blackheads, but they are not blackhead spots that hurt... But yes, eww, my nose is covered with them.... I do believe my nose has changed size a bit, but again.. I just don’t know anymore... I have looked so much…..

I have got no "triggers" as they are there all the time and nothing triggers them off...

Its nasty, I look like an alcoholic... And them just appearing like that, well its horrid... lol... I just can’t understand why this would happen…

Not sure what you mean by sebum?

Thanks for your input….

Spence

Hi SpencerK,

I have such dry skin that my pores were invisible. Within the past 6 months the skin on both side of nose across my cheeks has changed so now I have very large noticable pores. My sister, who was prone to acne, jokes about karma because I never had pimples. Well now I have the gross P+P but this is quite diminished with the anti-biotic usage. I am hoping that the Gemini laser treatment that I have on Thursday will make a difference to the pores, as I've read it very well could. My large pores are the result of the skin thickness change from my most recent and nastiest, and it appears permanent, Rosacea flare. The skin on the sides of my nose (out to the centre of my cheeks), the top of my nose and the tip of my chin changed over night. Those areas swelled and became inflamed, it seemed like I had an allergic reaction. The areas developed large flat 'hives' of solid mass under the skin, then the texture changed as the solid mass dissipated. The skin has never been the same on those parts. However, the overall swelling and the nose shape change (my tip was changing) has gone down alot with the antibiotics.

I'll let you know how I make out with the Gemini -- in a few months, that's how long it takes to see a change.

good luck!
    Twickle Purple

Happiness is a choice.

After you are done your laser, 3 months after, go on 10mg's of accutane a day for at least 6 months. This will shrink the pores, take away sebum and any blackheads on the nose.

Hi Spencer,

You say your pores are clogged? What do you put on your face? Are you using anything oily? I put on a heavy oily moisturiser which enlarged my pores on my nose and cheeks. The ones on my nose still look like blackheads.

I doubt IPL caused this for you. An increase in sebum makes pores appear larger and dirty - think teenagers. My brother has normal pores which occasionally look larger due to increased sebum - but they come and go. It's quite natural to some degree. But if you say yours are fixed then it's likely something your putting on your face causing it.

I'd think about that ^ first then think about Rhinophyma. That part of the Rosacea family can cause larger 'Orange Peel' skin. And larger pores can be mistaken for blackheads because the sebum that naturally lines pores has to cover a larger surface area making them more visible.

Would you say your pores are Black or Gray?

James

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerK
    Quote Originally Posted by clsykes00

Best,
    Trey
    Hi Trey,

I got blackheads, but they are not blackhead spots that hurt... But yes, eww, my nose is covered with them.... I do believe my nose has changed size a bit, but again.. I just don’t know anymore... I have looked so much…..

I have got no "triggers" as they are there all the time and nothing triggers them off...

Its nasty, I look like an alcoholic... And them just appearing like that, well its horrid... lol... I just can’t understand why this would happen…

Not sure what you mean by sebum?

Thanks for your input….

Spence
    Spencer,
    I would suspect, without seeing a picture mind you, that based on your description you are beginning to develop into a more advanced stage of rosacea unfortunately. Your symptoms are common in more advanced stages (i.e. beyond mild and into moderate to severe). In no way do I think you have rhinophyma but you may be experiencing some of the early signals of it and if not taken care of, you may eventually lead to that. Now, don't blow this out of proportion. I have not seen pictures. This is really very very very early indictions. You do have some really viable means of reducing any likelihood of progression. Is there a reason you would not consider accutane?

As a fix to blackheads, if your skin can tolerate it, try Bioré. It's a products that is like an applied plaster, on removal, once it dries, it pulls out all manner of nasty business from the pores.

Happiness is a choice.

Biore Biore scary stuff. Can be very irritating. Takes off layers of skin aswell. Before I knew I had Rosacea I used them and BP for several months. Ouch! I know that both me and Clykes mention Rhinophyma (albeit early stages) I don't think it's that. I personally think it's something that your puting on your face clogging your pores or something you have put on your face that has irritated them causing more oil (sebum) to be produced.

I don't know if you can tolerate BHA's but I know it helps me when I use it. You may want to try a good BHA - Paula's Choice is the one I use but there are others. Also check out the aspirin mask thread. After all this then you need to start thinking about Rhinophyma and accutane.

Good Luck - keep us informed.

James

Hi all...

Thanks for all the information here, its very much appreciated indeed!

I really do hope my rosacea is progressing.. I only have a very mild case (since 7 IPL's) and I seriously shudder to think that it’s going up a stage.... My overall appearance, minus my nose, is better than it’s ever been. I have no P&P, and the red butterfly affect has gone, my forehead is better… To think after everything Ive been through to get this far, just to have my nose to changing on me sends me down…

But, the pores on my nose are black and they are surrounded by red, not all over, but rather blotches. I know they are not proper black heads because they hurt when pressed... I just hoping my nose is going through a bad one and they will disappeared as quick as they started…. I first noticed them after I started regular exercise, could this have aggravated anything?, I mean I did not exercise hard, but did strain a little.

I felt like training again, I mean my face was getting better, I don’t flush anymore, why not? Then this happens! Its nasty, I got Rosacea when I gave up smoking, and now my nose plays a moody when I start training.. Its like when you try and do good things to my body my skin is like.. “nooo!”, its get smacked back in your face…

Also, I was under the misguided impression that ccutane would make my overall Rosacea worse because my symptoms are at the mild stage... heh, don’t know where I read that. - but it stuck for some reason... Maybe I’m wrong, the sad things is after all the treatments I have had I just cannot afford to go and see someone about it…..

I’m currently using Aqueous cream as a face wash, its sooths and calms my skin.. Not sure if its causing… I’ve also started using "visibly clear" Neutrogena cream twice daily, but this does not seem to be having any affect…

I mean, I have little redness, no flushing, no P&P my spider veins have gone, nearly… Surely I cant be bumping up a stage, hehe, im just talking out loud here!

Still, if it carries on ill get the mrs to take a pic and ill pm you’s with it…. Heh, wont post it on the forums :P Additionally I’ll try Bioré and just see how it goes for a while…

Thank you ever so much for the info, I pray (never prayed before!) that this is just a phase and it was pass a quickly as it started…

Spencer