Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEHYDRATION= INFLAMMATION

Default DEHYDRATION= INFLAMMATION

Hello group,

Last week I had my wisdom theeth removed by operation. I was told that my mouth was very dry and it might because of the low Ph of my saliva. I knew it for so long and its been an issue for me.

I made so much reading about it over the last week and dehydration and low acidity cause inflamation, frequent urinating, dry mouth, burning sensation in the mouth, etc....

Therefore, in my opinion dummonds theory started to sound so interesting to me once more. Though there were other threads about this issue, I wanted to
    start a new one to gather more attention. Theeth decay, inflammed throat, lips were all because of this.

I got a saliva substitute which will help with the sypmtoms but I think it will be better if I can find the source of dehydration and acidity.

I am on alkalizing diet, I drink at least 10 glasses of water and still acidic and dehydrated.

Any inputs appreciated.

Francois
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Hello francois

maybe this link will interest you:
    http://www.watercure.com/scientific.html

/Malay

Quote Originally Posted by Malay
    Hello francois

maybe this link will interest you:
    http://www.watercure.com/scientific.html

/Malay
    Been there, done that, no results. In fact my BP was high while doing water cure until I stopped water cure.

In the US we get way to much salt in our foods already. DO NOT ADD extra SALT to your drinking water!

If you need the minerals that sea salt is supposed to have, then tale a multi mineral supplement along with your vitamins.

Salt it salt and the less salt you intake the better.
    28 year old male from the United States in Minnesota. My self treatment of Rosacea is 10 grams vitamin C, 16 glasses of water, and moisturize with Eucerin everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by rwilliamson320
    Salt is not salt! Table salt is processed, contains anti-caking agents and is not good for us. Celtic Sea Salt or a good ocean sea salt contains a great deal of minerals that are good for us. I now drink a total of 1.5 teaspoons of Celtic Sea Salt with lemon juice and water (electrolyte drink) a day. I also add Celtic Sea Salt to my cooking as well as sprinkled over my meals.

I no longer drink as much water as I used to. I only drink water when I am thirsty. Drinking the electrolyte drink helps to hydrate my body. It's also helping control my Rosacea.

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Quote Originally Posted by redhotoz
    Quote Originally Posted by rwilliamson320
    Salt is not salt! Table salt is processed, contains anti-caking agents and is not good for us. Celtic Sea Salt or a good ocean sea salt contains a great deal of minerals that are good for us. I now drink a total of 1.5 teaspoons of Celtic Sea Salt with lemon juice and water (electrolyte drink) a day. I also add Celtic Sea Salt to my cooking as well as sprinkled over my meals.

I no longer drink as much water as I used to. I only drink water when I am thirsty. Drinking the electrolyte drink helps to hydrate my body. It's also helping control my Rosacea.

Jen
    Salt is salt, sea salt is not as processed and has micro amount of minerals that any one can get through diet or supplements.

Alls I got to say is read this for a real point of view.

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/batman.html
    28 year old male from the United States in Minnesota. My self treatment of Rosacea is 10 grams vitamin C, 16 glasses of water, and moisturize with Eucerin everyday.

Yes, I've read the article. I was not suggesting that we can cure ourselves of anything by drinking copious amounts of water. In fact, quite the opposite. See this thread:

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=3563

I have no problems in agreeing to disagree with you about the benefits of consuming a good ocean sea salt. "A good ocean sea salt, like Celtic, will provide over 84 minerals." "It is free from preservatives, additives, refining and bleaching." Yes, we do get minerals from our diet and I consider ocean sea salt to be a part of my diet now. Supplements can be used to help put into our body what we might be lacking. But when there is something natural, that contains many good benefits for our health, why not, as you have suggested, include it in our diet.

Keeping the body hydrated is not about drinking lots of water. It's about your body being given the right amount of nutrients to be able to make use of the water we do drink.

I have done a lot of reading on natural healing with diet and this is what I have come to believe. If you choose to disagree, no probs.

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

A couple of other points:

To stay hydrated, the body also needs good fats. Much of the water used by bodily processes comes from the metabolism of fats. It doesn't matter how much water you drink, if you are eating a very low fat diet, you will have a problem with dehydration and dry skin.

I also agree that natural salt is good for you. I personally choose to get most of mine from eating seaweed (dulse) and fruits and vegetables, but I also use sea salt.

In addition to all the negatives Jen posted about table salt (which contains only 2 minerals), it is also kiln dried in scourching hot temperatures. How can our bodies process salt that has been basically cremated? Our bodies need natural, unadulterated food....and that includes natural sea salt (which contains all the minerals on earch).

<<Rwilliamson wrote: ""In the US we get way to much salt in our foods already""<<

That is only true if you eat processed food. Don't eat processed food, don't eat table salt....and eat natural salt found in fruits, vegetables (including seaweeds) and sea salt.

<<Rwilliamson320 wrote: "If you need the minerals that sea salt is supposed to have, then tale a multi mineral supplement along with your vitamins."<<

So instead of eating something natural and unprocessed like sea salt (whcih our ancestors have eaten since the beginning of time), you recommend manmade and processed pills! This is very backward thinking. We should get our vitamins and minerals from food, whenever possible.

Salt is not salt!

Heather

Heather,
    interesting point about good fat and dehydration. I have gained 4-5 kilos since this winter (i was underweight then) and i am a lot less dehydrated now, even though i am sweating more....of course, something else could be helping as well but i like the connection...
    eric

Hi Eric

Interesting point to bring up about sweating. I know that I didn't sweat a lot before this diet and now I do sweat, even from the face. In fact, it feels good to sweat now. It's like toxins are coming out through my skin, being released from my body. I know that's not very scientific! LOL Sweating is another point of Drummond's theory.

Jen

Have Dummonds theory and its details been revealed to public?
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..